Call for Papers: Borders, Labour and Mobility: The EU and Australia Compared
- Jean Monnet Project on Comparative Migration (PROCAM)
- Link to Event
The Jean Monnet Project on Comparative Migration (PROCAM) hosted by Monash University, Melbourne, Australia, analyses the implications of intra- and extra-EU migration in the context of the post-Brexit EU. Australian policy makers have a particular interest in the future development of the EU migration policy, the Single Market and its labour markets after Brexit.
This conference aims to address developments in migration, labour mobility, and immigration policy in the European Union and Australia. We welcome paper proposals in any area related to the following themes:
- Labour mobility and immigration policy (Special areas of interest: Asia-Pacific region and Europe)
- Climate change and refugees (as part of Development and migration theme)
- Comparative Australia-EU migration policy
- EU candidate countries and migration
- The 'Brexit' effect on labour migration, and
- Global migration impacts on the Ukraine war
This is a hybrid event (face-to-face and online) that will run from August 25 - August 26 and be held at Monash Conference Centre, Level 7, 30 Collins Street, Melbourne, 3000 and via Zoom.
Please email an abstract of up to 200 words on one of the key themes to Conference Coordinator, Jessica Quirk at Jess.Quirk@monash.edu
Submission deadline: Wednesday, 29 June, 2022