Apply for the 2020 Ernst Haas Fellowship
2020 EUSA Haas Fund Fellowship Competition
The EUSA Executive Committee is pleased to announce the 2020 EUSA Haas Fund Fellowship Competition, an annual fellowship for graduate student EU-related dissertation research. Thanks entirely to contributions to our Ernst Haas Memorial Fund for EU Studies, launched in June 2003 to honor the memory of the late scholar Ernst B. Haas (1924-2003) we will offer at least 2 unrestricted fellowships of a minimum of $2000 to support the dissertation research of any graduate student pursuing an EU-related dissertation topic in 2020-2021.
Please note the following stipulations for applicants, who must:
- be pursuing the doctoral degree (PhD) at an accredited institution in any country;
- be writing a dissertation in English;
- have an EU-related, doctoral dissertation topic approved by the professor who will supervise it; and,
- be able to demonstrate clearly the relevance to EU studies of the dissertation topic.
Applicants for this Fellowship should submit:
(1) A CV;
(2) A 200 word description of the dissertation research project that explains its relevance to EU studies;
(3) A 100 word statement that specifies how the fellowship would be used.
(4) And ask for two letters of support to be sent directly to EUSA. These letters should be from professors serving on the student’s dissertation committee, and one should be the chair. They MUST be sent as a pdf attachment to email@example.com with the subject line 2020 Haas Prize-letter.
Please submit applications online at https://www.eustudies.org/about/eusa-prizes/haas-fellowship. The firm deadline for applications to be received is November 15, 2019. The fellowship will be paid in one lump sum by check and in US dollars only.