- Policies and Guidelines
- EU Law Section
- EU Political Economy Section
- Teaching the EU Section
- EU Latin America Caribbean Section
- EU Economics Section
- EU Public Opinion and Participation Section
- EU as Global Actor
- Public Policy
- EU and the Developing World
- Area of Freedom, Security & Justice Interest Section
Public Policy Interest Section
Useful Links Related to EU Policy Studies
Under construction; more links to come. To suggest EU public policy related Web sites for this page, please e-mail Nikolaos Zahariadis [email@example.com].
For a discussion on the needs and possible future direction of EU public policy studies, see Fabio Franchino, "The Study of EU Public Policy", in European Union Politics 6:2 (2005), pp. 243-252.
- The Centre for European Policy Studies [http://www.ceps.be] is a Brussels-based think tank that carries out and encourages research on EU policy and provides a forum discussions among stakeholders in the European policy process.
- The European Policy Centre [http://www.epc.eu] is a Brussels-based think-tank that provides information and analysis on the EU policy agenda.
- The Trans-European Policy Studies Association [http://www.tepsa.be] is a network of leading research institutes in the field of European affairs, with headquarters in Brussels. It aims to provide high quality research on European integration in order to stimulate discussion on policies and political options for Europe.
- The Swedish Institute for European Policy Studies [http://www.sieps.se] is a Stockholm-based body that conducts and promotes research on, and analysis of, European policy issues within the disciplines of political science, law and economics and trade.
- The Alfred von Oppenheim-Center for European Policy Studies [http://en.dgap.org/ri/europe_transatlantic/aoz] is a Berlin-based center that works to promote a new view of Europe in Germany.
- For a comprehensive list of think tanks dealing with European issues, visit Think Tank Directory Europe [http://www.eu.thinktankdirectory.org].
The key journals dealing mainly or frequently with EU public policy issues are as follows:
- Journal of European Public Policy [http://www.tandf.co.uk/Journals/titles/13501763.asp]
(This list is currently mainly British universities; details of more courses at universities in other countries to follow.)
University and research institutes offering courses of study in EU public policy include the following:
- The European Institute of Public Administration [http://www.eipa.eu/en/home], headquartered in Maastricht, offers seminars and training courses on European public policy, administration, law and management.
- Erasmus Mundus MAPP [http://www.mundusmapp.org] MA in Public Policy (focusing on the European context) offered by a consortium of four universities: Central European University (Budapest), Barcelona Institute of International Studies, the Institute of Social Studies (The Hague), and the University of York (UK).
- James Madison University [http://www.jmu.edu/international/abroad/jmu_eups/] offers an MA in EU Policy Studies in Florence.
- Cardiff University, School of European Studies [http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/euros] - M.Sc in European Governance and Public Policy.
- London South Bank University, Faculty of Arts and Human Sciences [http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/ahssps/courses/undergrad/eps.shtml] - BA and MA programs in European Policy Studies.
- Queen’s University Belfast, Institute of European Studies, [http://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofPoliticsInternationalStudiesandPhilosophy]
– M.Sc in European Public Policy.
- Robert Gordon University, School of Public Administration and Law [http://www.rgu.ac.uk/abs] – M.Sc in European Policy, Law and Management.
- University College London [http://www.ucl.ac.uk/spp/research/european-public-policy] has a Department of Political Science/School of Public Policy.
- University of Leeds, School of Politics and International Studies [http://www.polis.leeds.ac.uk] - MA in European Politics: EU Public Policy.
- University of Liverpool, School of Politics and Communication Studies [http://www.liv.ac.uk/polcomm] - BA in Policy Issues in the EU.
- University of Loughborough, Department of Politics, International Relations & European Studies [http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/eu] – M.Sc in Policy-Making in the EU.
- University of Manchester, Department of Politics, [http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/disciplines/politics] – MA in European Politics and Policy.
- Birkbeck College, University of London, [http://www.bbk.ac.uk/study/pg/politics/TMSEURPP.html] - M.Sc in European Politics and Policy.